Friday, November 19, 2010

Dream...continued

Tadaa! Thanks to a special request, I will be attempting the impossible! I will attempt to continue a fly story (maybe not that impossible)! I kind of need to do some "get away" writing anyways! (^u^)

Dream (Part 2)

As he stood there, staring in disbelief, he mumbled, "Is this a dream?"
She smiled, "You remember!"
She walked up to him, "Do you think birds can fly?"
His eyes welled up with tears, "Not as high as you. A place I've dreamed of reaching since I met you."
The smile faded from her face, transforming into a look of surprise.
"A dream that came to haunt me, keeping me captive until I could reach it. I wish I had the chance to tell you. I wanted so much to tell you."
"Did you reach it?" she asked.
"I'm still trapped." he replied.
The surprise on her face continued to settle in.
"Are you really here, or am I dreaming?" he asked.
Her eyes were as though a mask hid many secrets, stories of pain, a beautiful mask of serenity. The conversation caught her by complete surprise, let alone seeing the familiar stranger she thought had long forgotten this place, since the last day they saw each other.
As she walked by, she put her hand on his shoulder and whispered, "You're it!"
She started toward the tall grass. As she did, he remembered the last memory of her running into the grass, bringing about a painful fear that dropped his heart to the bottom of his stomach. He started forward, launched his hand out and grabbed her wrist, stopping her in her tracks. She looked back to see the tears in his eyes. He paused a moment in the realization that he wasn't dreaming.
"Don't leave, please. I'm so sorry, I tried. I couldn't reach you, I couldn't catch you. I should have told you these things that day. I should have stopped you. I wanted to protect you." he said.
At that moment, she realized that he hid just how much her tears affected him that day. The day she disappeared.
"I thought it was a dream." she said.
He paused a moment and looked up at her.
"I liked the dream. I didn't want it to end. I loved this place more than anywhere else. When I had tears choking me, when my nightmares were catching up to me, when I felt the weight pulling me to the ground, I'd come here." She paused a moment and smiled as she looked up at the sky, "You chased it all away. All of my sadness, all of my fears, I felt free." She looked back at him again, "You did all that. You gave me my smile, I wish I could have stayed here with you." She let out a smile accompanied with a subtle laugh, "How long has it been Dreamer?"
"Ten years." he replied.
"That long huh?", she said with a smile. "You remember the first day we met?"
He thought back.

It was a sunny day, with cotton clouds in the sky. He was running in the field. As he reached the bottom of the hill, he heard a faint noise whispering to the waves.
He slowly approached the hill to find her facing the waves, crying. "Shine as brightly as you may, the blue bird will still fly away." she said softly.
"Are you okay?" he asked. She quickly wiped her tears and turned around to see him standing at the top of the hill in a boyish manner.
She smiled, "I was giving my tears back to the ocean." He responded, "You don't get your tears from the ocean." She smiled, "And you don't get your imagination from the sky."
He stood there a moment, trying to figure out what she meant.
"Are you sad?" he asked."Why do you ask that?" she responded. "Because, I'll share my secret with you." he said as he grabbed her hand. All she could do was be pulled along with a look of surprise on her face.
He lead her into the field and flopped down into the tall grass.
He pointed to the sky as he laid on his back, "Nobody can find you here. The grass will make you invisible. The blue sky, and the warmth of the sun makes me feel better. Maybe it will soak up your sadness when you're feeling down."
She looked at him for a moment with surprise, then she smiled and looked back up at the sky, "It does. Thanks! I won't tell anyone your secret."

"Yes." he said. It was the first time I saw you cry. I didn't see you cry again until the last day I saw you.
"That's because I didn't cry again until that day, I knew I had my secret field of dreams to go to. I knew I just had to hold on to my tears, my sadness, until I got there. Then you would chase them away and the sun would swallow them up. But even the sun couldn't swallow my sadness that day. I waited for the ocean to help me. But all I could do was dread the completed dream that day." she responded.

"Do you remember what I said?" she asked.

5 comments:

  1. You have achieved an enchanting way of writing, you know that? One of the things that I love is how you can actually FEEL like you're going back in time with him during the flashback. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhaha! Thanks! ('^u^)\ I wonder if I can keep this random insanity up! So, would any of my readers like a part 3?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think it goes without saying that I would love part 3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All right...*chompmunchmunch* Σ( ̄。 ̄ノ)ノ I'll start working on mustering those creative juices right away... (( _ _ ))..zzzZZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Btw. Someone needs to pick the next pois...err, poem for my other page. (^_−)−☆

    ReplyDelete