Add a little lazy in there and you have my first week since my job has ended. I'll catch you up in a little more detail.
Transition
This week has been mostly consistent of running errands, simplifying, major reorganization, and sleeping in! I had a lot of things that had suffered when I was working full time and trying to fill-time volunteer, along with preparing for meetings in two languages, field work in two languages, and even presentations in two languages (with quite a bit of help from a wonderful couple when it came to the translation part).
On a side note, in my last presentation (during the last week of work) I tried using one of the wonderful suggestions from my recent schooling (the unit on the NWT and why it's so great). I shared the information using my R/B and used the letter reference from my R/B. It was a bit different from normal talks, but I got positive feedback, I hope it was useful.
First Week
Now, since I was out of work, I found this a chance to take a little time first and get things back in order...and be a lazy...just a little. Catching up on some much needed sleep has an impressive impact (reminds me of some wise counsel I read in a book once about a handful of rest being better than a double handful of work...). Starting tomorrow though, the real work begins. The study today was wonderful and very encouraging, thinking about how no matter what background or deeply entrenched teachings or difficult challenges we may be fighting against, if we truly rely on our best friend and look to him, we are sure to conquer them by means of the strength he gives us. It gives me renewed hope!
That's all for now, I have to get to studying and preparing for a big 5+ weeks of 6 long field days a week! I'm sure that with my best friend’s help, I'm not sure how everything will work out, but now I get to see what he's going to do for me. By no means because I am deserving, but because he promises to and loves us that much!
I will try to keep you all posted!
Hi! First of all I'm new at this blog thing. I got your text and started crying....I didnt want to text you back because I would have want you to read this as a whole and not in bits and pieces. It was really Jehovah hand that I got that text from you...
ReplyDeleteTo sum up things quickly, I stepped down from being a pioneer last week. I would have in Nov but my elders were nice enough to keep me on till after our elder's pioneer meeting and the C.O. Visit in Jan. Came Feb and I didn't go to either one...One full time job and a part time job can do that.
At home, my grandparents are moving back to PI...YAY! (my reason I'm happy about this, you'll learn to understand filipino culture and the Japanese culture are both different and ME FULL JAPANESE I like to consider myself) but this means a big move for my mother and me. Before my father died we moved into a 3 bedroom house, rent was twice what they have ever paid before but did it so we could stay in our congregation. My fathers support in all of this was key. With him gone, my grandparents moved in to try to help but my mother still couldn't handle. My grandpa is sick, I dont know if he'll make it next year or the end of this year even. We have to have him watched 24/7. So with sickly grandparents, moving house and maybe congregation my mother informed me this morning that due to my lack of memory and somehow unable to contact me I didnt put in my time last month and now inactive. This morning before your text, I called off work to look for a part-time job. After an interview driving home, I got putted over for going 6 miles over the speed limit ON A DOWN HILL! And guess where he pulled me over, right in front of the branch/my kingdom hall. I came home crying, holding my bunny in my hand. And it seem that the only thing that made me feel better was a little green bird outside my window jumping around a small tree looking for nectar in small yellow flower...I got lost in Jehovah's creation, thinking on this past years wishing my dad was here things would have been so different. And now Jehovah's blessing wasnt on me anymore. Lying in my bed I called up my soon to be fiance, try as hard as he could, didnt know what to do. He offered to pay for my $137.00 speeding ticket (yup crazy!) and help me in anyway I needed. Nice to have someone I could lean on but as much of a knight and shining armor he is couldnt fill the void losing my father had taken. And at the time I got your text...a small text but I was so unbelievablely greatful.
Sorry if this comment/blog/reply is not constructed in the right grammar, I'm jus typing as the thoughts come to my head. To answer your question, please PLEASE do feel free to send a postcard and I will do the same. Honestly, I wrote you a letter already on the plane ride from alaska to hawaii. I lost your address though but I still wanted to sent it, along with some other things I hope/know you'll like (from our anime store toy's n joy's).
I'm an truely greatful to have a friend like you. And with such little time of getting to know each other, I do consider you as someone very dear to my heart.
My deepest Love
My dear sister,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your response. It's amazing how Jehovah works, isn't it?
I don't know about you, but there are many times that I've found Romans chapter 7 of comfort knowing a man like Paul that I admire and did so much in his service to Jehovah, struggled with feelings as I do at times.
Although I don't know the whole situation and I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you, I am confident, as Jehovah is sure, you can make through the storm! (1 Cor. 10:13) I can tell you have a good heart, and a deep love for Jehovah and others. It emanates in your choices and speech. Jehovah only asks that we give him our best, remember the widow and the two coins of small value. Sometimes Jehovah's holy spirit is acting within to keep us going when we don't see any reason to. He looks for reasons to stay with us (Ps. 130:3).
You're not alone (1 Pet. 5: 9, 10) I'm sure you'll end up back in the pioneer ranks in the near future! But right now, just keep praying and know that Jehovah is listening, and continue giving him what you've got. (1 Pet. 5:7)
Jehovah knows what you're going through (Isa. 57:15). Keep your chin up! You are counted as one of the many blessings I've received from Jehovah and are truly an encouragement!
Although it can be hard, show our enemy what your response is and remember you've got Jehovah and the whole brotherhood (including myself) supporting you!(Pr. 27:11)
Keep going to meetings, even when you're tired. Keep praying, even when you think he's not listening. Keep reading the bible, even when you've you've lost hope. Those are the times we need these things even more! We're in this together!
I'm here when you need to talk, I can't say I'd be of much help, but I can say my heart will go out to you and I would consider it an honor! You are in my prayers and will remain there! Ganbatte ne! Ai shite iru yo!
P.S. Please feel free to text your address to me whenever you want. (^u^) I also apologize for the jumpy thoughts in this comment, I'm going to blame in on the hour!