Friday, March 18, 2011

Brief Update

Hello friends!

I think I am going to be moving in with my dad over the next month. I have put a lot of thought and consideration into three congregations, and the move out to my dad's seem like the best choice right now. I am sad to leave the Filipino friends but look forward to my next adventure and intend on working hard towards it. I understand now, I've been fighting on the front lines for two years now, though it's nothing special, there's nothing wrong with taking a step back to allow your health bar to build back up when it's depleted as long as you don't stop paddling right? That's what I'm hoping.
I realized I allowed myself to be spread too thin, I was trying to serve two masters (working full-time for too long a period, preparing for talks, service (both in two languages), trying to get my hours in, and trying to take care of my household responsibilities. I have learned from the experience and do not regret it.
While in english, I will resume my Japanese studies (try to get a jump start in the foreign language field) and look for an opportunity down the road to use it in my service. That's about it for now, gotta a lot to do before leaving for Seattle on Monday including service tomorrow! Yay!

P.S. Hope everyone is doing well.

2 comments:

  1. I completely know where you are coming from! There is nothing wrong with pushing yourself. But when giving Jehovah your very best no longer equals the assignments you have taken on, something has to give. Now you can give Jehovah your very best and not be ashamed of it. Does that make sense?? I hope so. Hang in there friend! All we can do is keep fighting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny! I think I understand. Feel free to correct me. When we're too depleted to, even at our best, fulfill the bare minimum requirements of all the assignments we've taken on, we have to let go of something until we regain the strength? Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete